Pages

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Homemade Tartar Sauce

Homemade Tartar Sauce (photo)

Confession time. I am a lover of tartar sauce. I think the seafood eating world is divided into two camps, those who enjoy tartar sauce with their fish, and those who will have nothing to do with it. I am happily in the first camp and love nothing better than any fish fillet my dad buys (he can spot the freshest) and my mom prepares (she’s got the timing down), served with a slice of lemon, some tartar sauce, and of course, coleslaw. Not all bottled tartar sauces are created equal however. It’s really hit or miss out there in the prepared tartar sauce world. So, I’ve made my own. And you know what? It’s good! Really! (Assuming you like tartar sauce to begin with, otherwise move along, this one’s not for you.)

Homemade Tartar Sauce Recipe

  • Prep time: 5 minutes
  • Yield: Makes about a cup and a half of tartar sauce.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
  • 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
  • 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • 2 teaspoons chopped shallots
  • 2 Tbsp chopped scallions
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 6 drops Tabasco sauce or more to taste
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Method

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.

post from sitemap

No comments :

Post a Comment